The main types of Freight
Some of the different freight options available include:
- Less Than Truckload Freight - Less than truckload (LTL) is one of the most popular forms of freight shipping because it is an extremely cost-effective, reliable, and timely service. As an economical approach to moving smaller items, LTL shipping allows companies to combine their loads with those of other companies, saving them the cost of using the entire truckload.
- Full Truckload Freight - Full truckload (FTL) freight shipping uses the entire space available in the truck to carry the freight from one shipper to one location. This type of transport is best for packages that need more space or additional requirements, as well as packages that need to reach their destination faster.
- Intermodal Rail Freight - Intermodal rail freight shipping can be a cost-effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly solution for shipping bulk construction or hazardous materials.Compared to shipping by truck, shipping by rail can save you both time and money.
- Air Freight - The fastest freight shipping option is to ship your cargo using air freight. Air freight are mostly concerned with the logistics of transporting small packages. Although air freight is more expensive than other types of shipping, it is the best option available for urgent shipments.
- Ocean Freight - The most cost-effective solution for shipping freight around the globe is to use ocean freight.
- Expedited Freight - Expedited freight, also known as hotshot services, allow for different types of freight to be moved at a high speed.