The main types of Freight
Some of the different freight options available include:
- Less Than Truckload Freight - Less than truckload (LTL) is one of the most popular forms of freight shipping because it is an extremely cost-effective, reliable, and timely service.
- Full Truckload Freight - Full truckload (FTL) freight shipping uses the entire space available in the truck to carry the freight from one shipper to one location.
- Intermodal Rail Freight - Intermodal rail freight shipping can be a cost-effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly solution for shipping bulk construction or hazardous materials.
- Air Freight - The fastest freight shipping option is to ship your cargo using air freight.
- Ocean Freight - The most cost-effective solution for shipping freight around the globe is to use ocean freight.
- Expedited Freight - Expedited freight, also known as hotshot services, allow for different types of freight to be moved at a high speed.